Wednesday, September 13, 2017

My Top Five Public Transit Pet Peeves

I ride public transit almost on a daily basis, spending a total of just over 2 hours and it never ceases to amaze me, and piss me off when I see the following pet peeves of mine:
#1 - Passengers taking up a seat with a backpack, bags, etc. Really?!? People's butts pay for those seats - not bags, groceries, purses.
2 seats taken up by carts and backpacks while the bus was standing room only

#2 - Young people not giving up their seat for someone much older. To me that is just a show of disrespect. I once had a man offer his seat to me. I had hopped onto the bus in downtown Victoria, going to Sooke, which is about an hour ride away. I knew this man and knew he also was going to Sooke. He is about 20 years older than I am. I refused saying I would be fine standing and he replied, "All the way to Sooke." During this entire exchange not one of the four young men seated by me offered their seat. How sad is that?

#3 - People with backpacks standing who forget they have about a foot and a half added to their back who constantly are hitting others with it.  I can't tell you how many times I have been seated in an aisle seat and have been smacked with a pack back. Why can't they just put it on the ground between their feet or hold it, not rocket science to me.

#4 - People putting their feet up on seats. Again, my butt paid for that seat, not someones feet, Besides do they put their dirty footwear on their own furniture? If not, why on the bus? This is simple manners.

#5 - Using the floor as a garbage. I have seen coffee cups, energy drink cans, half-eaten ice cream containers and it is disgusting. Every bus-stop has a garbage. People simply need to hold their garbage until they get off the bus and dispose it in the garbage can. Easy, peasy if you ask me.

So there you have it - my rant of the week, as well as my top five public transit pet peeves.
Do you have any? Comment below and start the conversation!

Cheers, Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Consumer Proposals

The Consumer Proposal provides  you   with  protection from your creditors while in these programs (no garnish).  This program will protect ...